5 Fun Halloween Events for Adults in Grand Rapids
The leaves are falling, the air is crisp, and were surrounded tiny candy bars: It's almost Halloween in West Michigan! Grand Rapids has loads of fun family activities, from corn mazes and hayrides to community-wide trick-or-treat events, but Halloween isn't just for kids.
Here are 5 fun Halloween events for adults in Grand Rapids. Try one or more--if you dare!
1. For starters, 11 local breweries have created their own version of The Grand Pumpkin beer. Its the second such collaboration since Grand Rapids was named Beer City USA 2012. (The first was Beer City Pale Ale.) Some brews are heavier on spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, and some have just a hint. Visit a few of the participating breweriesand decide which Grand Pumpkin beer you prefer.
2. The Haunt (inside). Good old-fashioned scariness: Kids and adults who enjoy getting scared out of their wits flock to this spooky haunted house on the NW side of GR (except its really a 20,000 square foot warehouse). Timed ticketing--and lots of courage--recommended. Prices vary from $15 - $30, depending on which activities you choose.
3. Forest of Fear (outside). As long as you're getting scared stiff, take a walk through these haunted woods and swamps. Presented by the Kentwood Jaycees, this spooky Forest in Caledonia will have you wondering if you're really that brave, after all. $13 ages 11-up ($10 ages 10 & under).
4. Night of Illusions: Halloween Style. This Wednesday night, take a break from the super-scary and enjoy a costume performance with a twist. San Chez Bistro is hosting this drag event where, they say, "every beautiful woman is a man." Wear your own costume for a shot at winning this year's prize tiara. Tickets: $59, include tapas. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Show begins at 7:30 p.m.
5. Halloween Swing Dancing. Don your costume and your dancing shoes, it's time for Halloween Swing Dancing at the Public Museum. The fun begins at 7:00 with a short 20-30 minute lesson. Swing your partner until 10:00. $5 to participate.